Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chef's Anonymous or Why I haven't posted in a few days!

Well, I haven’t been doing any cooking lately, it has been kind of nuts at home and work. The last couple of nights have either been take-out of something simple. My wife made her “spaghetti and sauce” Sunday night, sauce out of a jar. I think it was Ragu or one of those. I’m not positive, but I think it had mushrooms in it, at least I think that is what those little tasteless brown things were. (Can’t be sure.) I’m not saying she is a bad cook, far from it, but she gets lazy in the kitchen. Everything she does lately is canned, out of a jar, or frozen. While there is nothing wrong with “quick and easy”, there is something wrong with wanting to cook that way all the time. Okay, I’m biased. I love food, especially good, fresh food. What can I say, I’m spoiled! When I get in the kitchen, I use as much from scratch as possible. Some things I will use are pre-cooked, but not often. The problem is, lately, I think the wife is getting pissed that I am spending more time in the kitchen than she does. Is it kitchen envy? Cooking jealousy? The “Green” monster? I can’t help it if I love to cook, that I love food. What am I supposed to do? Quit cooking? Cook in secret, hiding my ingredients until no one is looking and then cook like crazy? Become a “closet” cook? Do they have Chefs Anonymous? What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment